Tuesday 19 November 2013

Avatar script analysis - Sci-fi

Avatar script analysis 

 How did the script introduce the narrative (story), setting, time period, the characters and the genre? 

The script starts with non-digetic sounds in the form of drums getting louder and louder. The only information we are given on the setting of the film isn't much as it says; "WE ARE FLYING through mist, a dimly glimpsed forest below". This makes us wonder in what form are they flying and who are the people or things that are flying as it only tells us "we". 


"When I was lying there in the VA hospital, with a big hole blown through the middle of my life, I started having these dreams of flying". This is when we are introduced to one of the characters it makes me think that he is the main character because he was the first person to speak in the script.  This extract makes me ask lots of questions and what has affected his life so dramatically that a "big hole" has been blown through it.  Also when he says; "I started having dreams of flying" this could be an enigma code for what is going to happen later on in this film. 

"Sooner or later though, you always have to wake up..." This is what the character says second. This gives us a look into how his character is, it makes me think that he is a realist and doesn't dwell on dreams that may not even come true and he lives in the real world. 

How did it engage you? 
This script engages me because it made me ask lots of questions and makes me want to read all of it and find out what happened to him and what will happen. 

          

No comments:

Post a Comment